September 10, 2012

What's in your kids lunch? #5

Wow, it sure feels like the weekend when by fast!

We stuffed our weekend until it was spilling over the brim.

So much so I am still trying to catch up from my weekend.

The kids celebrated with their friend Viola's 3rd birthday party, I snuck off for some much needed me time and am now sporting a fancy new hair do...
Who said blonds have more fun?  

Between  running around  to dance lessons, grocery shopping and a trip to Ikea our weekend was gobbled up.


Anyway, here's what I packed for the monkeys today!

Remember, I am packing for 2 snacks and a lunch so if you think the proportions are a bit much remember they are at school all day.

**insert happy mommy dance here** 
I'm not worried at all about leftovers because these guys are growing like weeds and will eat everything

  • Ham & Cheese sandwich on whole wheat bread
  • Marble cheese string
  • 2 mini blueberry muffins {made fresh this morning!}
  • granny smith apple slices
  • banana
  • raspberries & black berries
  • yogurt 

It's wet and rainy out today so I fired up the oven and made another batch of "lunch box muffins"  and to soothe the hankering I have had for "pumpkin spice anything" I tried out a new recipe for:

Honey Oatmeal Pumpkin Muffins  Submitted by: AUBREYJO

Super scrumptious, spicy muffins! I got this off of Allrecipes.com, but omitted a few things, and added a few things to make it lower fat & calories, based on one of the reviewers who said they used less sugar and replaced the oil with applesauce. 
  Makes 12 Muffins.
Number of Servings: 12

Ingredients


    # 1/2 c honey
    # 1/4 cup applesauce, unsweetened
    # 2 eggs
    # 1 1/2 cups pureed (canned) pumpkin or winter squash
    # 1/4 c skim milk
    # 1 cup all-purpose whole wheat flour
    1/2 c Old Fashioned oatmeal
    # 1 teaspoons baking powder
    # 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
    # 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
    # 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    # 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin spice


Directions

In a large mixing bowl, beat honey, applesauce, eggs, pumpkin and water. Combine flour, baking powder, soda, spices and salt. Add to pumpkin mixture; blend well. Fold in raisins. Spoon into greased muffin tins, filling 3/4 full. Bake at 400 degrees F for 15 minutes.

I know I haven't posted a menu in awhile but I assure you we haven't been surviving on cream of ketchup soup or dashing to nearest drive thru. 

This week we are having I have grocery shopped for & planned:
* roasted chicken classic roasted vegetables
* beef stroganoff
* autumn soup and sandwiches 
cottage cheese pancakes with fruit salad

Dang, times up!  Nap time is over and the chase to get homework done in a timely manner has begun.
Talk to you soon!


sweetmomma3

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...