September 07, 2012

What's in your kids lunch #4?


lunchboxredrgb_t0

One week down and I am already frustrated with lunch restrictions enforced by the school.  We are a nut-free school and I have no issues with that policy at all. I can't even begin to imagine what it would be like to have a nut allergy as a child. Giggles would eat a peanut butter sandwich every day for the rest of her life if we let her.  

But now they are trying to be a litter-less school too?  **screams and pulls out hair!!**

Have they seen the containers available for children's lunches these days?

I need to make some re-packable meals on the weekend so we aren't grasping at straws scrambling to find things to pack...

Thankfully, I'm not the only mom thinking about this.
Lisa over at 100 days of real food has complied a downloadable Elementary-School-Snack-List {perfect for Nut-free schools}
If you haven't checked out her site what are you waiting for?!?

4E33347C, Uploaded with Snapbucket
 so, what did I pack and send?

  • four cheese tortellini {no marinara sauce due to dislike}
  • orange slices
  • two mini apple and cinnamon muffins
  • pear
  • yogurt :0) 
And to my satisfaction, their lunch bags were empty!!
Small victory for this mom!
Now to find some containers that actually work....


sweetmomma3

1 comment:

  1. I love the lunch ideas! I use the ideas for mu husband too!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...