May 15, 2013

color me confused....

I have never been one to be patience.
If there is a question, I want to know the answer...I'm the one "googling" while I am watching a commercial curios to know where it was filmed or how many season a certain show has been on the air for.

I'm horrible at waiting and for the most part I'm not a big fan of surprises.

Even good surprises.

I want to know what's going to happen before I get there and sometimes just knowing will hold me back and make me not want to go.

Quirky I guess or annoying depending on who you ask.

And then to throw everyone for a loop I need to confess that sometimes I am the complete opposite.

Pack my bags and lets go...somewhere warm with cold fruity beverages with the umbrellas in them.

But, when I think there is something wrong with me or with one of my kids I am the first one on the phone booking a doctor's appointment.

Ironically last week's doctors appointment where I proceeded to spill my guts and ask every question in the book about all sorts of things left me feeling more frazzled than before.

I had successfully convinced myself there had to be  was something wrong.

 I got caught up in "what if's" and had already started processing what my life on thyroid medication or a life without gluten would look like.

It was awful...and completely foolish.

Funny how "google" can be our medical resource and how quickly we self diagnose.
I'm not a doctor and I have no idea why I was stupid enough to think I was. 

My results came back.

Normal.
Thyroid is great, hormone levels are normal. No celiac disease.  

Which is great.... 

Don't get me wrong.

After all the poking around I did I can't imagine what someone with those conditions go through every single day.
But, I still have No explanation for why I was feeling the way I was feeling... maybe I will blame it on PMS.  Hey, I'm a girl.

I can hide behind that...  right?

Yeah I know... I'm not shallow enough to chalk it up an entire month to that and it still doesn't explain why my body was turning on me.

Time to re-focus on what does make my body happy and follow through with that.

Like taking the toddler for walks in the trees.
Adding more fruits and veggies to my diet and Eat healthier. 

Exercising.
Every day, even if it's only a 30 minute walk.

Sitting out in the sun shine.
Spending time with those closest to me.

Yeah, that feels right.... maybe I did need all those test just to prove to myself that doing just fine.

One small step at a time.



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...