May 20, 2013

Back to basics




I don't know about you but I spent this Victoria long weekend..

"Grounded!"

Without "dating myself" too much I can honestly say that it has been at least 20 years since I have been "grounded" that is until a couple of days ago when my husband grounded me from my washer and dryer.

I'm serious.

Here I was surrounded by a mountain of dirty laundry and the love of my life gently tells me

"your grounded! Get away from that machine!"

Laughing at first I thought he was kidding.

He wasn't.

And to be honest with you...this was the first "grounding" that actually was for my benefit.

So, I took those lemons and made lemon aid and enlisted my 6 year old and taught her how to do laundry {I enlisted my 8 year old as well.}

Nothing shrunk or turned gray or pink.

Everything got put away..maybe not as nicely as I would have but who's splitting hairs!

I obeyed my "grounding" and filled this long weekend with some much needed sleep,{yup! fell asleep watching tv} bike rides in the trees where mr.d and i found this huge puddle.

I almost fell in and the path was completely submerged so slowly I peddled to "park" beside a bench where I climbed off my bike and stood on the bench turning my bike and the chariot around so we could back track through the trees.

It wasn't until I came home that I realized I accidentally had splashed the baby with mud.

Just perfect considering I'm grounded.

I rather enjoyed this weekend.

Fulling our time with chocolate ice cream.

Cuddle time rocking my sweet little baby to sleep.

digging in the front flower garden while smelling the blossoms from our choke cherry tree.


Time to slow things down and get back to basics.

focusing and simplify some parts of my life has made me feel more like.. Me!

Guess what I really needed all along was to be "grounded"!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...