May 14, 2013

Twiddled thumbs

What's worse?

Living in limbo while I wait for my phone to ring so I know what my test results are or, feeling crappy while I sit and  wait for test results?

Don't get me wrong, I have good days but I have had more than my share of  crappy days lately.

When exactly did I piss off my body?  And how do I make peace with it?

I grew up eating Cheerios and now a bowl of those tasty little "o"'s sends my body into a tail spin.

Bloated and uncomfortable my husband found me curled up on the sofa in pain while I waited for my body to digest the entire mess.  Dang easier lunch options.

Because I haven't been given a clear diagnosis yet I ignorantly figured that since I have always been eating bread I would just keep doing it.  

How stupid can one girl be?

That small bowl was Defiantly not worth the pain and suffering I have been experiencing that's for sure.

I have never been this grouchy before trying to figure out what I can eat that will fill me up and not leave me feeling awful.

The entire experience has really opened up my eyes.

I knew I was a "carb junkie" but all this time I have turned a blind eye and have been ignoring what my body has been trying to tell me.

Stuffing my face with toast and cereal and not linking the pain that what I was putting into my body was effecting me quite like that.

Blaming my coffee addiction because that seemed like the logical response.

But it's not the coffee.... and I haven't quite figured out if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

How long do I wait before I call the doctor's office?

Maybe I just need to shut up and  listen to what my body is telling screaming at me and just steer clear of gluten and see what happens?

I know it's do-able but it's going to take a lot more work for me to figure out exactly what I can and can not eat.

**sigh**  until then, I am just going to sit here and twiddle my thumbs....


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...