September 01, 2012

Blueberry Lavender Mini Muffins

❤  Lavender!  
I'm not sure if you remember but at the end of June Big Daddy & I snuck off for our Anniversary trip to Tofino.

We stayed at the most beautiful resort any ways they had Lavender ice cream on their menu which I had to try.

I was quite disappointed when I had learned that the resort had run out of Lavender ice cream.

Since then I have been looking for lavender recipes and today 
I found a really neat mini muffin recipe that I am itching to bake.
I can't tell the little ones what's in them or they will think it's weird that I am making them eat flowers.
Oh wait,my children will eat almost anything that I put in front of them.  
It's my hubby that might think these are a little strange.

Sure hope he tries at least one before he asks me what's in the.
Before I start baking I just want to share the recipe!
                                         
Blueberry Lavender Mini Muffins
1 cupFlour
½ tspBaking Powder
⅛ tspSalt
Pinch Baking Soda
¼ cupUnsalted Butter, softened
1 TbspFresh Lavender  {I'm using 2 tsp dried}
½ cupSugar
1Egg
½ cupSour Cream
⅛ tspVanilla Extract
⅓ cupFrozen Blueberries {Fresh!!}
DIRECTIONS:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. 
In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda. 
Whisk to prevent any lumps. In another medium bowl, blend butter until creamy, about 2 minutes. Slowly blend in lavender petals, sugar, egg, sour cream and vanilla. 
Gently stir in blueberries and pour into dry ingredients. 
Stir just until moist, but batter should be lumpy. 
Scoop batter into mini muffin molds 1/4 full and bake 8-10 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean, or tops springs back when pressed. 
Cool for a few minutes on rack and serve warm. Store in an air tight container for up to 3 days.
What's your favorite Mini Muffin recipe?

I just picked up our own mini muffin tin so I am going to put it to work and would love to try out some new recipes. 

**updated**
  So, I made the Blueberry Lavender muffins.
My thoughts.... Meh.Needs more tweaking.
Too much lavender and my allergies are going haywire!!
So, apparently I can sleep on lavender pillows and sprinkle in into my bathtub but eating the stuff is OUT!
sweetmomma3

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...