January 24, 2013

Winter Bucket List 2013


I’ve a confession to make...
I love winter, from the comfort of my living room.
 It can be hard, really hard to persuade me to get outside so this is going to be a small list.
Lets be real here, I'm not going to bite off more than I can chew here.
So, I made a list 10 fun outdoor snow activities that I want to do with the kids this winter. Our winter/snow bucket list, I guess.
Get dressed warm and get outside!

10 Snow Activities to do Outside

  1. Learn how to snowboard or downhill Ski!
  2. Build a snowman. Roll some balls, big or small. Build a snowman together. Find rocks for eyes, twigs for arms, and wrap him up warm with a hat and scarf!
  3. Have a snowball fight! Show the kids how to make a snowball. Have target practice. Set up something to throw at and let the kids get some practice in throwing!
  4. Build a snow fort. Pack the walls together to build a safe place for hide out! 
  5. While you’re out shoveling the driveway or sidewalk, let the kids help! Or have them make their own paths… maybe a snow maze!
  6. Check out the Ice Carving Competition "ice on whyte".  I can't think of a better way to enjoy a hot chocolate while we take in a limited time treat!
  7. Learn how to Track animals tracks at the john janzen nature centre
  8. Learn how to rock climb and finally get over my fear of heights.
  9. After a fresh snowfall, go lay out in it and make some snow angels together. Make a whole family!
  10. And, one that will surely be a hit with my little ones. Load. Dump. Scoop. Pour. Do it in the snow!
When you’re getting outside in the cold weather, be sure to dress warm and take precautions! And be prepared to warm them up when you get inside! Have a cup of hot chocolate waiting for them with little marshmallows on top!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...