October 14, 2012

Mommy!! I'm bored.....


"Mommy.. (said in a nasally whiny voice) I'm bored"
I so wish my mother was here right now because I am voicing that straight to her.
I know what she would say too.
"well,find something to do then!"
Meh...
I've done more than I wanted to all ready today.
I menu planned, grocery shopped.
Cleaned out the front closet.
Filled & Emptied the dishwasher.
ran the washer and the dryer and matched more pairs of socks than I wanted to and by the looks of the mountain upstairs I have at least 3 more loads left to do.
But, I'm bored.
And I don't want to do any more housework.
What do you do when your bored?
Some clean, or plop themselves in front of the t.v. 
 Or, maybe you are the type to curl up on the couch and loose yourself with a good book and read.
I apparently bake when I am bored.
Oatmeal raisin cookies baking in the oven as we speak with the plans of a batch of Banana mini muffins and another batch of butterscotch cookies to boot going in shortly after.
On a positive note, at least I will have stuff to grab for this weeks lunches.
And, As long as I don't curl up on the couch with a bowl full of cookies and a good book we have nothing to worry about. 

oatmeal raisin cookies

INGREDIENTS

  • 1 cup (1/2 pound or 2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened, OR 1 cup shortening
  • 1 cup brown sugar, packed
  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 2 large eggs, well beaten
  • 1 Tbsp vanilla
  • 3 cups rolled oats (We use Quaker Quick or Old Fashioned. Do NOT use instant.)
  • 1 1/2 cups raisins
  • 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

METHOD

1 Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease two large cookie sheets or line with Silpat, parchment paper or waxed paper.
2 In a large mixing bowl, beat butter until creamy. Add sugars; beat until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Beat in eggs. Add vanilla.
3 Mix flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg together in medium bowl. Stir dry ingredients into butter-sugar mixture. Stir in raisins and nuts. Stir in oats.
4 Spoon out dough by large tablespoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheets, leaving at least 2 inches between each cookie.
5 Bake until cookie edges turn golden brown, 10-12 minutes. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets. Then carefully remove them, using a metal spatula, to a wire rack. Cool completely. They will be quite soft until completely cooled. Store tightly covered.
Yield: Makes about 2 dozen cookies.

**I used an ice cream scoop to make the portions even and man are they ever HUGE!**



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...