September 20, 2012

How to make Pumpkin Spice Play dough




I know what just might get me out of my muffin making rut.
I am making this scrumptious smelling Pumpkin Spice Playdough recipe so after nap my little friends and I have something new that we can play with.
 I will be modeling "how to play with play dough" while the baby attempts to not get caught while she eats the play dough.


Pumpkin Spice Play dough:
What you need:
2 cups water orange food coloring (or combine yellow and red)
2 TBSP vegetable oil
1 cup salt
4 tsp. cream of tartar
3 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
2 cups flour
How to make it:
Combine all ingredients in large pan on stove. 
Over medium heat, stir until most of the lumps disappear & it thickens up to a dough-like consistency. 
Put on countertop and knead like bread dough. 
Store in an air-tight container.



What are your favorite fall scents?  
sweetmomma3

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, I bet this smells wonderful when the kids are playing with it! Great idea to add a scent to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it does!!
      When I whipped up out last batch my house smelled like I had made a pumpkin pie!
      The kids have had a riot playing with it too.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...