June 12, 2013

Getting our green thumbs on

**dusts off hands**  It's been a couple of days since my last post so I thought I would share what we have been up too.
 
My hubby decided that after 7 years of living in our home he would put in a flower garden for me.
 
We have been up to our ears in wood shavings & dirt but now that the garden is done we can enjoy it.
 
 I thought I would share some of our pictures from the last couple of days.
 
...framing out the front garden we,{ I say "we" but really my hubby did the lions share of the work.}
used garden ties to frame the garden and he secured the ties in place using rebar.
 

With the help of a flower loving 2 year old we visited a greenhouse and a garden center where we picked out all of the flowers you see in the pictures.
Now we are waiting for the earth to settle before we add ground cover.
Haven't decided if I want to use more plants or cedar chips.
 Not that it matters now...the rain just won't let up!
At least I don't have to water the plants and the lawn should bounce back quickly from all this rain.
I just can't wait to scrub some off that dirt off the front stairs!
So, what do you think of my baby garden?
I feel like I am missing something but can't pin point what...
Any suggestions?
 
 photo siggy-1_zps7cb710f6.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...