December 01, 2011

'Tis the season for homemade Giggle bread


Giggles, Uploaded with Snapbucket
Day#9:
I am thankful that another one of my daughter's has inherited my love for baking.
She could be totally absorbed playing with her dolls but if she hears me puttering around the kitchen she is beside me wanting to "help momma" with whatever I am doing.
Niffy nunu and I are scheduling a Christmas baking day for later on next week so I am sure we will have at least another set of hands helping us!
Actually, Giggle's baked this yesterday afternoon when the "bread Lady" visited her kindergarten class.
The aroma of this bread was enough to make me want to pull the van over and rip it apart right then and there but she wanted to save it for breakfast this morning.
**sigh** It was quite delicious but there is just something about fresh bread from the oven!
But, don't take my word for it.
You should try it too...

PhotobucketGiggle's Brown BreadPhotobucket
What you need:
2 cups warm water
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 tbs. quick rise yeast
1 tsp. salt
1/8 cup vegetable oil
1 egg
2 cups whole wheat flour
3-4 cups white flour

To make:
Mix together.
Knead for about 10 minutes.
Let rest for 10 minutes.
Form into loaves.
Rise till double (about 20-30 minutes).
Bake @ 350 for 15-20 minutes or till done.
Makes 4 small loaves

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...