April 11, 2013

3 Wishes....


"I wish you enough sun to keep your attitude bright.
I wish you enough rain to appreciate the sun more.
I wish you enough happiness to keep your spirit alive.
I wish you enough pain so that the smallest joys in life appear much bigger.
I wish you enough gain to satisfy your wanting.
I wish you enough loss to appreciate all that you possess.
I wish enough "Hello's" to get you through the final "Good-bye.."


Poem found here: http://www.poeticexpressions.co.uk

Every year we light the candles adorning our birthday cakes.
Dancing flames mask our excitement as we take a deep breath in and exhale watching the flames disappear with our breath.

But, unless you just turned six do we really even give the "wish" a second though?

Are we expecting them to come true?

Usually wishes don't.

Trust me on this one, I am more than perturbed that I am not a princess with a flying purple unicorn in my stable.

I don't have a beach house and I never did get that tree house.

Birthday Wishes get forgotten as soon as the fork scrapes the last hint of icing on the plate.

If you could have three wishes, what would you wish for?
What would I wish for?
If wishes were a guaranteed 100% certain thing I would be cautious.

How would I know that what I really wanted would turn out to be a good thing and not a bad thing?

We don't.

I don't want to be a billionaire.
We are working towards being able to retire comfortably and travel the world but I like anonymity and I blend in quite well in a crowd.
No one cares what I wear or what I eat.  

I don't want to be famous.

Have you seen any of them actually be happy with your every move photographed? So scratch those two off any list I may have.
   
Most of the time wishes are things that people "think" they want when in reality the very thing they wished for destroyed them.

That's one line I don't want to stand in thank you very much.

 I think the safest three wishes would be:

1. "Enough" {see above poem, I'm sure you will agree}
2. Love & Laughter
3. To have a time machine so I could go back and meet my Great Grandmother so I could learn more about my "roots".  

{hey, they don't all have to be serious!}  

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. My wish is usually time to myself, or just a few minutes of quiet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is this quiet time you speak of?
    {snicker}
    I think as moms we all wish for a few minutes of quiet and then when it happens we wonder what the little monkeys are up to!

    How do you spend a few minutes alone?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...